As you may be aware, we operate a fairly lenient forums with the intent of providing a place where people can discuss ideas free from censorship. Unfortunately, we do have to lay some ground rules to prevent the state of the forums entering anarchy. These rules will be enforced to the best of our abilities. Be aware that repeated violations may result in your account being suspended/banned from our forums.
1. Flames/trolling/hostility/etc: Do not insult (or instigate the insulting of) other Members/Moderators/Admins/other forum users.
We don't mind active discussion, but there are lines that you do not cross.
2. Moderation decisions: Do not discuss moderation decisions openly on the Forums.
Any thread or post created for this purpose will be removed without notice. If you wish to discuss an action, or feel that the action taken was inappropriate/severe, please send a PM to one of the Warminds or Javelins. The actions of the Moderation team are not final, but do remember that they are there to help keep the peace and do this service without payment.
3. Advertisement of account selling/win-trading/bots/hacks: These actions are off limits in all forums.
Any posts for these purposes will be closed/deleted.
4. Spam: Do not post spam (pointless messages) to increase your post count.
This includes copy/pasting your response to a similar question in another thread. If you feel that the information you are conveying is appropriate to the discussion, please quote yourself (You can copy/paste that) and include a link to the other thread in the post. This ensures healthy discussions within multiple threads, and may facilitate users noticing/reading an interesting thread they have not yet read. Likewise, content dumps from other sources of information should be included in a spoiler, with a link to the content in the OP as to reduce both scrolling, but to ensure the original source gets exposure.
5. Off topic: Do not stray from the topic stated within the body of the thread's creator.
Any content within a post that deviates too far from the topic may be removed, and violating posts could become hidden.
6. Double Posting: Do not reply to a thread where your post is already the last post.
If you have extra info to add to a discussion please edit your last post rather than reply to yourself. This cuts down on forum clutter and makes discussions easier to follow for everyone. I know it happens sometimes, but try to keep to a minimum. For the most part now, you should not have to worry too much as a forum plugin automatically merges your posts if you double post.
7. NSFW Titles: Do not include NSFW content in your thread title.
Seeing as not all of us are able to guarantee that our kids or colleagues aren't looking over our shoulders, please refrain from including NSFW content within a topic title (Offensive language etc.).
8. Bumping: Do not repeatedly bump the same thread.
Allow threads and topics conversation to run their natural course. If a thread is no longer active, you may want to create a new thread on that topic instead. Likewise, if someone posts a new thread and there is an existing one, be friendly in informing them of its existence with appropriate links to the relevant discussion(s).
9. Creating Multiple Threads on the Same Topic: Do not create multiple forum threads on the same topic.
If there is already and active thread on the relevant topic then use it to respond. Each forum is designed to cater to very specific discussions. Please only post a thread in the forum it is most relevant to and avoid spamming the forums with multiple instances of the same thread.
10. Doxxing: Do not publish personal information of another member (against their will) or link to topics where such content can be found.
Any violation of this rule can and will most likely result in an immediate ban.